Dive into the culinary world and embark on a gastronomic adventure that combines the freshness of the sea with the bold, fragrant flavours of Cambodia. In this recipe, we’re taking you on a journey to explore the exotic and unique flavour profile of the renowned Kampot pepper, specifically starring in our delightful Grilled Octopus Tentacles with Kampot Pepper and Lemon Marinade. This dish is a vibrant melding of simple ingredients, where the delicate richness of octopus intertwines with the robust, complex, and distinctively fruity notes of the Kampot peppers.
Kampot pepper, a geographically protected product from Cambodia, is known for its extraordinary quality and complex flavour profile. This recipe highlights the bold, distinctive aroma of the red, white and black peppercorn, paired with the freshness of lemon and the smoky, charred flavours imparted by the grill. Octopus may seem intimidating to work with, but with our easy-to-follow guide, you’ll be masterfully grilling it to tender perfection in no time!
Recipe for Grilled Octopus Tentacles with Kampot Pepper and Lemon Marinade.
For the Octopus:
- Four octopus tentacles, about 1-1.5 pounds
- Water for boiling
For the Marinade:
- Five tablespoons of olive oil.
- Zest and juice of 1 1/2 large lemons.
- Four garlic cloves, minced.
- One and a half tablespoon of freshly ground mix of red, white, and black Kampot peppercorns.
- Salt to taste.
For the Octopus:
- Clean the octopus tentacles, removing the beak if present.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Carefully submerge the tentacles in the boiling water. Boil for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the octopus is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove the octopus from the water and let it cool.
For the Marinade:
- Mix the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, and freshly ground Kampot pepper in a bowl.
- Season the marinade with salt to taste.
- Once the octopus tentacles are cooled, rub them thoroughly with the marinade. Ensure every part of the octopus is well coated.
- Let the octopus marinate for at least 2 hours, or even better, overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the marinated octopus tentacles for about 2-3 minutes on each side until they have nice grill marks and are heated through.
- Drizzle some of the remaining marinade over the octopus while grilling for additional flavour.
To serve, slice the tentacles into smaller pieces, drizzle with a bit more marinade, and top with fresh cilantro or basil. Pair this with a fresh salad or a side of grilled vegetables, and you have a delicious, flavourful dish that showcases the uniqueness of Kampot pepper. I hope you enjoy preparing and tasting our Grilled Octopus Tentacles with Kampot Pepper and Lemon Marinade. Not only is this dish an absolute delight to devour, but it’s also an excellent conversation starter, offering a taste of exotic locales right from your kitchen. This recipe truly speaks to the magical harmony of fresh seafood and well-balanced spices.
If you’re an adventurous food lover, always seeking to explore unique flavours, this recipe will surely become a cherished addition to your repertoire. The next time you want to impress your guests or simply want to treat yourself to a restaurant-quality dish at home, remember this recipe. Dive into the deep sea of flavour offered by the octopus, the zestiness of the lemon, and let the unrivalled Kampot pepper transport you to the aromatic pepper plantations of Cambodia.
Until our next culinary adventure, bon appétit!